Friday, August 26, 2011

Welcome to Our Class Blog

Hello everyone...Share your thoughts on what you hope to learn from this class.

22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are we suppose to write?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to have a better understanding of the development of crime in New Orleans and the larger role that crime plays in the culture and demographics of New Orleans. I am also looking forward to having good class discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope to learn about crime in New Orleans, from the beginning of the city when it was populated by convicts and prostitutes, right up to current day post-Katrina. I'd love to learn about the corruption of authority here as well as how the stories of haunting and violence came about (whether they're true or not)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to learn about the crime and culture in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to learn about the crime and culture of early New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope to learn that New Orleans is not as dangerous as media portrayal makes it appear. I hope to meet people that aren't from New Orleans and watch them fall in love with the city. I look forward to being able to learn more about the history of my city and develop a better understanding of it's origins/traditions and how they have effected us today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to learning about the crime in New Orleans. Growing up here, I was always interested by the amount of crime we have. I am interested in the different types of crimes and why people commit them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope to learn more about my city that I've lived in my whole life and the true culture and crime that's a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to know what this class is about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope during my time in this course I will develop a better understanding about the way of life in the city of New Orleans. The lifestyle here compared to the lifestyle I grew up in has many differences which I'm curious to learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope to learn more about the history of New Orleans and how crime was a big part of the shaping of the city. I hope to gain a deeper overall understanding of what really goes on in New Orleans and how time has changed it to be the city it is today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope to complete this course with a better understanding of the crime in New Orleans relative to the customs and chracteristics of the culture here. I would like to learn about the real New Orleans and not the one that the media portrays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to learn about New Orleans gangs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. New Orleans is new too me, so I guess learning about such things as the crime and culture of the city will give me a better understanding. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope to understand the origins of New Orleans' infamous criminal groups and how prominent they are today. I would also like to gain insight into the psychology and patterns of criminals in the city today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope to learn why New Orleans is full of crime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really looking forward to learning about the crime and culture in New Orleans through a sociological lense but more importantly I'm curious as to how these two themes are interconnected.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to learn about the crime and culture of New Orleans and how it plays into our justice system in the United States. I want to learn who, how and why certain people are affected by the justice system not only in New Orleans but throughout America and what can be done to fix these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope to lean if NOLA is as dangerous as people say it is.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.